Sunday, November 19, 2017

Ognissanti, 2017

The Ognissanti church is one of my favorites: a very old church complex filled with art history. The post I did in 2013 (http://roadeveron.blogspot.com/2013/10/ognissanti_16.html) (required re-reading!) conveys most of what's of interest, and I'll just augment it here with some new/different pix.
Just a few doors from the Ognissanti, a beautiful Art
Nouveau...so out of place in Florence, but so gorgeous

The Ognissanti (All Saints), main church
Interior

Botticelli's St. Augustine; it was visiting Brazil in 2013

The writing in the book is mostly gibberish, except for a derisive line about the
order that had commissioned it; B was a bit of a prankster, I have read

Across the nave, Ghirlandiao's St. Jerome


The Vespucci chapel (I had misidentified it in the 2013 post)

Botticelli's resting place, at Simonetta's feet

No comments: